Thursday, May 22, 2014

Getting my mail

I love getting my mail each day. Usually, there is an assortment of junk items that go directly into the garbage. But, sometimes I need to get something delivered right away and I can count on my USPS to do the job correctly. Now, some are seeking to privatize the USPS. I don't know about you, but, I really don't want a European system of mail delivery. While we have been busy with other concerns, others have been actively working to turn our public mail system, established by our Constitution, into a corporate run system. And they've done it without citizens ever having a vote on the issue. So the question for Americans is this: Do you want to turn our public mail delivery system over to corporations to run for profit so that shareholders can make money while our access and services are reduced? Republicans are working hard to make this happen. That is why your vote this midterm election is so crucial. November 4 is only 5 months away. Be sure you are registered and have the needed ID's. Then, find out where your polling place is located. If you can vote early, then do that and save yourself the hassle on November 4th. Finally, encourage everyone you know to vote for Democrats this year. You don't want to have to pay to get your mail do you?
Check out this article to see what the Republicans are up to now: http://www.apwu.org/news/web-news-article/committee-passes-controversial-issa-bill.

Add on:  Election is over and 2/3 voters sat it out. Now postal services will be cut. Hope they are happy. If you are NOT, then you need to contact your representatives in Congress. Senate.gov. House.gov

1 comment:

  1. I like USPS , I do not want a privatized system, I checked it out Germany has that and in rural areas post offices are often in private homes. I do not want that nor do I want to have to pay extra for home delivery

    ReplyDelete