Thursday, January 22, 2015

Healthy Families Act

During the State of the Union (SOTU) President Obama announced plans to help Americans get sick leave at their places of employment. His initiative is the Healthy Families Act. I was surprised to learn that over 40 million workers do not have paid sick leave. That means many come to work ill because they have bills to pay. I don't know about you, but, I really don't want my server bringing my meal to me when they are sick.
You can read more about it here:  http://www.vox.com/2015/1/14/7548293/obamas-proposal-to-give-workers-seven-days-sick-leave 

Don't you think it's a fair and good idea? If so, then please let your representatives in Congress know that you support our President's plan. An email or phone call is easy to do. Just go to Senate.gov or House.gov and look up your representative then click on the contact tab.


No comments:

Post a Comment